Arfenhouse: The Movie Arfenhouse: The Movie

6 years later and it's still awesome.

I remember laughing my ass off to this back in the day, and it's still a slice of pure genius.

Arfenhouse FTW.

Sonic Shorts: Volume 1 Sonic Shorts: Volume 1

Sonic flash done right!

In an endless sea of sprite movies and Dragonball Z spinoffs, it's refreshing to see a series of funny, well made and original cartoons such as these.

Tickles' Magic Pickles Tickles' Magic Pickles

Funny and stylish

I loved it! A good concept, well executed humour, insanely smooth animation and a neat visual style. The fact you made it so quickly makes it even more awesome. Definitely series material.

Sonic Adventure 2 | Theme Sonic Adventure 2 | Theme

A good idea, however...

... I found that your orchestra was quite blurred and lacked depth. While the strings are in the right place, and the composition overall is good, there's nothing underneath to back it up. The horns and the strings all blended together.

The main thing to remember about orchestral music is that each section of the orchestra (strings, brass, woodwind, percussion) combine to create a fuller effect. This is helped a lot when each section is clearly distinguishable from each other. Don't be afraid to put some flutes in there to bring out some highs, and some brassy horns to bring in some bass.

If you've ever heard an orchestrated version of The One Winged Angel used in Advent Children, then you can hear how the orchestra weaves with the rock music, and how each instrument is picked out at any one moment - and that you can have flutes and clarinets in your music and still be badass.